Friday, August 1, 2008

Week 3

I did some multi-pitch climbing in the Grand Wall on Monday -- went up to the top of The Split Pillar with Brendan. It was an awesome climb and I actually thought it felt *much* easier than 10b. I didn't lead any of it, but I think I could. The Pillar itself was a bit strenuous at the top, but the rest of the pitches were easier than I expected. To get up there, we did Apron Strings (10b and then 5.9), Merci-Me -- 2 pitches of bolted 5.8 up a dike which Brendan linked together. A bit run-out on the bolts, but very easy and very enjoyable. Then a scary traverse and a bit of aid climbing up a bolt ladder to the base of the Split Pillar. Hopefully I'll get up there again soon and maybe even get to the top by the end of the summer! :)

Brendan got a bunch of pictures of me, but since he led the whole thing, I wasn't able to get any shots of him while I was belaying.

On Belay at the top of the first pitch of Apron Strings
Photobucket

Tricky traverse pitch
Photobucket

The Split Pillar (super freekin awesome!)
Photobucket

Toping out
Photobucket

The rest of the week was not so great. It's rained pretty much the whole time. I did manage to get in 5 single pitch climbs at the bluffs Thursday morning before the rain started. Other than that, I've just been hanging out trying to keep myself entertained.

And to make matters worse, most of my climbing partners are stuck south of Squamish because of a massive rock slide on the 99 just north of Vancouver. Which means I don't get to see Kurt this weekend. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have no idea how scared I am when I just look at your pictures!

You look great, btw! :)