Saturday, August 9, 2008

some cragging

Almost all of my partners were trapped south of the rock slide for the weekend. But I managed to get out to the bluffs a couple of climbs Saturday and Sunday evening with Toby. On Saturday, Toby put up Up Up and Away (5.9), and then it started raining. I cleaned the route in the rain and then we packed up and left. Sunday, I led Magical Child (5.8) and Roni and Toby both seconded it. Then Toby put up Ridge Runner. Once Roni and I had both seconded that, we decided to call it a day.

Vince came up for the afternoon on Wednesday. We met at noon and headed over to the Upper Malamute. We started with High Mountain Woody -- super fun climb!! I should have led it, but I was feeling squeamish. Next time, I'll do it on lead for sure! After that, Vince put up the 10a to climber's left of HMW and the 10b to climber's right of HMW. Both were really fun routes, but the 10b had a pretty tricky finish! The crack sort of peters out and you have to traverse a bit to the right to finish the last couple feet of the climb on an aerate. We then headed over to Shannon Falls and I put up Klahanie Crack (super easy fun 5.7 splitter crack on a slab), and Cardhu Crack -- a kind of dirty, but fun 5.8 crack. Once we got down from that, the sun was pretty much down, so we hurried down the trail in the dusk, sorted some gear in the parking lot and parted ways. Fun day!

No comments: