Friday, August 1, 2008

Week 2

Kurt left Saturday morning and I spent the first half of the day cleaning up, doing laundry, etc. I met up with Adrianne, her friend Tristan, Sara, and Rebecca for a bit of climbing in the afternoon. And then Adrianne, Tristan, and I did some climbing on Sunday. We ended up getting together with some friends of theirs from The Mountaineers for the afternoon for some slab climbing -- though I sat that out. Just say no to slab!!

Monday, I took a rest day and tried to get linked in to the climbing community here. I found a lot of potential partners, and then Kurt informed me that he and Ted would be coming back up earlier than they planned -- that evening in fact!

Tuesday, I went climbing with Axel and didn't do a single climb that I'd done before!! We started with Hairpin and then did a couple single pitch climbs on the Papoose while we were there. All really fun stuff!! Then we finished they day at the Upper Malamute with High Mountain Woody and a 5.10a just to the left of it. I've been wanting to do HMW since las year and it was an awesome climb!

Wednesday, Kurt, Ted, and I had planned to do Rock On. But Ted was less than psyched to get on more crack and Petrina turned up and we all decided to head up to Chuck Chuck/The Lounge for some sport climbing. It was a nice area, but I wasn't much of a fan of the climbs. I would recommend the area to others, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Thursday, I had planned to do Rock On with some climbers in the area, but I was feeling tired and Kurt and Ted talked me into changing those plans to accompany them down to Washington Pass to climb Liberty Bell. I was less than enthusiastic to do the route -- lots of not fun hiking for 3 low 5th class semi-boring short pitches. But it was kinda fun to be out there and I was happy to spend more time with Kurt at the end of his two week vacation. Kurt put me on a Greyhound bus back to Squamish and here I am. Kurt has some pictures up, but I wasn't on the trip up Forbidden, only Liberty Bell.

I have plans for this week, but the forecast is kinda crappy, so we'll see what happens.

Pictures of Liberty Bell:

First pitch of 5th class
Photobucket

Photobucket

On Belay
Photobucket

Queen of the Mountain
Photobucket

No comments: